Limit / Entry Fees
- - Event:
Marathon (42.195 km)
- - Categories:
Individuals, groups*, and those in a wheelchair
- - A group of 2-5 runners collectively run the distance of a full marathon.
- - Participant Limit
Individuals: 7,100 runners
Groups: 200 groups of runners
Those in a wheelchair: 100 runners
All categories on a first-come, first-served basis. Application will be closed when the limit is reached.
- - Entry Fees
Those living in Japan: JPY3,000*1
Those living outside of Japan: JPY8,000*2
*1 JPY1,500 for an elementary school student who applies for entry as a member of a group
*2 JPY2,000 without a commemorative gift
The participant limit includes those participating from the following slots:
- - "Kyoto resident" slot (1,000 individuals)
For applicants whose address at the time of application is within Kyoto City
- - "2011 Great East Japan Earthquake Reconstruction Support" slot (100 individuals)
To apply, disaster victim certificate (Hisai Shōmeisho or Risai Shōmeisho) must be presented.
- - "Furusato Nōzei (Hometown Tax)" slot (1,000 individuals)
Those living in Japan but outside Kyoto City at the time of application who donate to the Kyoto City Government under the Furusato Nōzei system and designate the Kyoto City Sports
Promotion Foundation as a recipient will have their entry fee waived.
- - "Runners from overseas" slot (1,000 individuals)
For applicants whose address at the time of application is outside Japan
- Applicants must have a smartphone onto which GPS training app TATTA can be downloaded.
- Applicants must be not younger than the following ages
- - Marathon (individuals)
Have been born before April 1, 2008
- - Marathon (groups)
Have been born before April 1, 2014
Elementary school students may only apply if they are in a group with their guardians.
- - Marathon (in a wheelchair)
Have been born before April 1, 2002
- - Applicants living in Japan
From the online entry website "RUNNET”
- - Applicants living outside of Japan
From the online entry website "Entry to KYOTO MARATHON 2021 for international runners"
"ONLINE KYOTO MARATHON 2021" original Multi-Way Cover (CW-X)*.
- A shoe cover for elementary school students participating in a marathon as a member of a group.
* Only applicants from overseas who paid JPN 8,000 for the entry fee are eligible.
Finisher medal (all runners)*
Marathon (individuals), Marathon (in a wheelchair): a video finisher certificate (.finisher)
Marathon (groups): A Web finisher certificate
- Other than the above, a lottery will be held for finishers.
* Only applicants from overseas who paid JPN 8,000 for the entry fee are eligible.
- - Multiple applications by the same person (as an individual and in a group, in multiple groups, etc.)
are prohibited. Only one application may be submitted by one individual. Applications for multiple events, etc. will result in disqualification without exception and fees and charges will not be refunded.
- - Runners should pay due attention to their safety by, for example, running a course in athletic parks or along river banks.
- - While running, runners should follow all relevant laws/regulations, including the road traffic act.
- - Runners should not cause trouble or inconvenience those around them by, for example, obstructing general traffic.
- - While running at night, runners should prevent being involved in a traffic accident by wearing luminous reflectors, holding a light, etc.
- - The organizers will retain the rights to broadcast, publish, and post videos and photos of and articles about the race, the names, ages, addresses (prefecture or city/town), time records, etc. of
participants via TV programs, newspapers, magazines, websites, and other media.
- - The organizers will not be held liable for any damage caused by an injury, illness, loss of personal belongings, or any accident that may occur during the race.
- - This marathon event will not be covered by accident insurance taken out by the organizers. Participants should purchase an insurance policy for themselves if it seems necessary.
- - The organizers comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws of Japan, as well as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other international
laws/regulations, and handle personal information of participants in accordance with the
organizers' policy to protect personal information. In order to offer better services to the
participants, the organizers will use such personal information to notify participants of relevant information, etc. and provide services from cooperating/supporting organizations. The organizers
may also contact applicants to confirm application details.
- - After an application has been filed, applicants may not change the events they wish to enter or the details of their application, cancel an application, or have their payments refunded due to a change in their circumstances.
- - Should false statements of age, gender, and other personal information or proxies and/or
assignments of runners' rights be discovered, records of the participant(s) in question will be
nullified and fees and charges will not be refunded. Also, future applications for KYOTO MARATHON from those person(s) will not be accepted.
- - Should dishonest conduct be confirmed from running records, the runner(s) in question will be disqualified. In such cases, entry fees will not be refunded and commemorative gifts will not be sent.
- - Underage persons must obtain consent from their guardians to apply for entry.
- - The organizers will not be held responsible for delays in application or transmission of fees due to poor internet connections or omitted measurements due to in-app failures, etc.
- - Online applications may not be successfully processed depending on the terminal, operating system, browser software, etc. that is used.
- - No receipts will be issued for entry and other fees. If you pay with a credit card, you may use statements or invoices issued by the credit card issuer instead. If you make a payment at convenience stores, a copy of your transfer records may serve as a receipt.
- - ONLINE KYOTO MARATHON 2021 will be held in compliance with all applicable laws/regulations.
- - This marathon event will not be a timed competition. Participants are advised to run at a reasonable pace depending on their physical strength and condition.
- - Runners may choose which course to run and when to start, so long as the chosen course and time frame are deemed safe in respective regions in terms of the possibility of COVID-19 infection.
- - For the sake of preventing the further spread of COVID-19, runners are requested to refrain from running in a group or on busy streets and other crowded places. Should it become necessary to run
- - Runners are requested to refrain from using a smartphone while running as much as possible.
- - Elementary school students should be accompanied by their guardians whenever possible.
Timeline from Application to Participation in the Event
Applying for entry from "Entry to KYOTO MARATHON 2021 for international runners"
- *1 Please read the Application Guidelines and Application Rules before filing an application.
- *2 Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. We thus expect that access to "Entry to KYOTO MARATHON 2021 for international runners" will be difficult shortly before applications open.
- *3 Entry page will online on Tuesday, December 1!
Starting up TATTA, entering your ID/password, and tapping "連携(Link)"
- *1 If you wish to run wearing a GPS watch without carrying a smartphone, link TATTA to your GPS watch.
- *2 If you have never used TATTA, please try TATTA before the event for a test run.
Starting up TATTA and running for a total of 42.194 km within the specified period
If you run with TATTA open on your smartphone or linked to your GPS watch, the distance you have covered will be counted.
For data to be recorded, you need to run at least 1 km per run.
- *1 Participants in a Marathon (individuals) or a Marathon (groups) should choose "Running" or "Trail running" and participants in a Marathon (in a wheelchair) should choose "Cycling" from the pull-down menu of TATTA's activity categories, which is at the top of TATTA's start screen.
- *2 After each run is completed, click "終了(Finish)" and "保存(Save)" to save data.
When you have covered a total of 42.195 km, you can watch your "finisher movie*."
* Except participants in a Marathon (groups), who will receive a Web Finisher Certificate at a later date
- - Participants use TATTA, a GPS training app for smartphones, to run the distance required by the event chosen during the specified period.
- - No time limit is set. Participants are deemed to have finished the run once they have covered the distance required in the event they have entered.
- - Participants may divide the distance required in the event they have entered into multiple runs. They will not be deemed to have finished the run if the total distance they have covered is shorter than the distance required in the event they have entered.
- - To synchronize your running data recorded on other apps or a GPS watch with TATTA, be sure to do so by 23:59, Sunday, Februaly 21. Any data synchronized thereafter cannot be used for the purpose of ONLINE KYOTO MARATHON 2021 supported by OMRON・WACOAL, even if it was recorded during the specified period.